||Facilities Management Vice President
||Designated Maintenance Staff
||Representatives from the Board of Directors;
Interested ICC Members (approved by CoCo)
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The Facilities Management Committee manages ICC space, infrastructure, members and policy. It shall educate members, the board, the staff and the ICC as a whole on infrastructure management of the ICC and encourage and support creative initiatives from within the ICC community to work towards infrastructure and sustainability goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- See SR Chapter 15 for further information on all of the duties, and responsibility of this committee.
- Work with Maintenance Staff to refine, update and support the responsibilities of Maintenance Manager, Kitchen Manager, Groundskeeper, and Sustainability Steward positions in the ICC.
- Provide support to the Sustainability Chair (See SR 5.20)
- Provide resources and information to maintain the exterior of ICC properties which includes lawns and gardens.
- Encourage and support creative initiatives from within the ICC Community to work towards infrastructure and sustainability goals.
- Advocate for stewardship of our homes amongst all members, including:
- Preventative maintenance
- Work holidays (See SR 15.12)
- Clutter control (See SR 15.13)
- Housing code compliance
- Kitchen code compliance
- Emergency preparedness
- Educate & assist membership on facilities management best practices, including:
- Grounds-keeping practices
- Appliance/equipment care
- Interim and furniture practices
- Bed bug & other pest prevention and treatment
- Assist & oversee houses in the inventory and maintenance of house resources, including:
- Window screens
- Air conditioners
- Assist the Maintenance Staff in educating and informing the Board of Directors on past, present, and future large-scale maintenance projects.
- Advocate for the large-scale and long-term maintenance needs of our facilities to ensure our homes remain safe, inviting, commercially competitive, and thriving for generations to come.
- Review, update, and enforce the Maintenance Policy Manual.
- As needed, discuss/vote on any D.A.M.N. damage charges (See SR 15.10) and any reimbursement requests from houses for emergency maintenance that could not have been obtained through contacting the house Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Staff.