Fire Alarm Panel Troubleshooting
Alarm System Trouble (Red Lights)
- Do not enter an area if smoke is present. Call 911.
- If no smoke or problem is present, press the alarm silence button.
- Check to see what detector or pull station was tripped.
- If it is a detector, the red LED on the detector will stay illuminated (not flashing like normal).
- If it is a pull station the front panel will be pulled down.
- After you find the problem go back to the panel and press the reset button.
- If there is still smoke in the detector it will not reset.
- If the pull station is still tripped it needs to be reset before the panel is reset.
- To reset a pull station, turn the
small screw at the top of the pull, the pull will
open. Flip the toggle to normal position (it
should be printed on the metal below the switch) then
push the cover closed. DO NOT try to force the
cover closed before resetting the toggle switch.
If you have a different type of cover submit an RFA for assistance.
Alarm System Trouble (Yellow Lights)
- If all switches are not in the normal
position (up) the panel will be in trouble.
This means they cannot be on disconnect or silence.
- If you get a trouble after a power failure, press trouble silence and leave the system alone for a couple hours. This will give the batteries time to recharge.
If you have any questions or need any help with you fire system please submit an RFA. Please keep in mind that the Maintenance office MUST be contacted before a contractor can be called in. If the house is to call without approval it will be billed for the service.